Monday, January 24, 2011

First-ever sound editing project - complete!

At last!
Managing time is one of the more difficult aspects of this project, as the past two weeks prove. Between crises at work (our shipper lost their TSA license), some frantic weekend wedding planning (I’m getting married next September, in Pennsylvania, which requires the occasional frenzied meeting-filled trip), and life in general, I finally managed to finish editing this file.
This has been a tremendous learning experience. Not just on the basics of sound editing, but myself. As I played and re-played the interview, the more I thought about how I would like to craft my answers in the future, and how I’d like to present myself. Likewise, I had the opportunity to closely listen and re-listen to the thoughts of Brooke Allen, a great mentor, and compare how he presents himself with how I present myself. One thing I noticed in particular is that he’s not afraid to pause and really collect his thoughts before speaking, something which denotes confidence. Since working on this file, I’ve realized that this is a confidence less experienced people lack. They, as I did at times in this conversation, rush to give answers, thinking that to pause will betray a lack of forethought.
Here now is a 26-minute, down-to-the-basics talk about the No MFA Project, where before there was a 65-minute, much less engaging one. More than that, through the advice Brooke offers during the conversation, there is a road map for my next steps, and the next steps of others doing No MFA projects of their own. Over the coming weeks, I’ll be calling out the items that I felt most important, and tackling them one by one.
For now, hope you enjoy - and feel free to leave feedback!

http://www.mediafire.com/?klav1n5vbkc18p9

No comments:

Post a Comment