Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Met My First Deadline!

The first official deadline I set for myself was to be finished writing a treatment and a pitch for a screenplay by today, February 1st. And – success! Although the treatment I wound up writing was not the treatment I first set out to write… actually, the idea I had back on January 1st, when I set the deadline, was for a romantic comedy. Now, here I am – with horror.

I’m something of a horror fanatic. I’m not talking about slasher flicks with zero plot. (When I saw the remake of Halloween, I was so disgusted and furious that I ran home to write an article about how much I hated it – which you can read HERE. I was determined to at least earn back the price of my movie ticket by selling my scathing review.) No, I love, LOVE horror movies that are smart, that secretly reference the things that really do scare us in our everyday lives through a clever story. Those have been the kind of scary scripts I’ve tried to write in the past, and, also, the kind of story I want to tell with this new script.

Time to set some more deadlines:

Complete two more versions of the pitch, for a total of three different angles: 
Feb. 16th.

Finished first draft of script: May 1st. (On that timeframe, I need to complete one act of a three-act screenplay per month.)

My spring semester is in full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment